Let’s Compare The Dodge Durango To Its Competition
Want a family SUV with an attitude? Look no further than the Dodge Durango. There is nothing quite like it in Western Washington.
The Durango offers a lot more than you think. You have an available choice of a powerful HEMI V8 –offering one of the best towing capacities in its class. Plus, you get a great three-row SUV with the look of a muscle car and the practicality families want.
Let’s see how the Durango compares to the Ford Explorer, Honda Pilot, Kia Telluride, and Toyota Highlander.
|Durango GT Plus AWD||Kia Telluride SX AWD||Toyota Highlander XLE AWD||Ford Explorer XLT 4WD||Honda Pilot EX-L AWD|
|Number of Configurations||13||8||12||15||10|
|Engine Type ||3.6 Liter V6||3.8 Liter V6||3.5 Liter V6||2.3 Liter Turbo Inline 4||3.5 Liter V6|
|Horsepower ||295 HP||291 HP||295 HP||300 HP||280 HP|
|Torque ||260 lb-ft||262 lb-ft||263 lb-ft||310 lb-ft||262 lb-ft|
|Transmission ||8 Speed Automatic ||8 Speed Automatic||8 Speed Automatic||10 Speed Automatic||9 Speed Automatic
|Max Tow Capacity||6,200 lbs.||5,000 lbs||5,000 lbs ||5,300 lbs||5,000 lbs|
|Combined Fuel Economy||21 MPG||21 MPG||23 MPG ||23 MPG||22 MPG
|Ground Clearance||8.1 inches||8.0 inches||8.0 inches||8.2 inches||7.3 inches|
|Cargo Volume Rear Seat Up||43.3 cubic feet||46 cubic feet||48.4 cubic feet||47.9 cubic feet||46.8 cubic feet|
|Cargo Volume Rear Seat Down||85.1 cubic feet||87 cubic feet||84.3 cubic feet||87.8 cubic feet||83.8 cubic feet
|Number of Seats||7||7 or 8||7 or 8||6 or 7||7 or 8|
There are plenty of advantages the Dodge Durango has over the Ford Explorer.
- Refinement across all trim levels – that is how you describe the Dodge Durango inside and out
- Towing capacity from a torque-rich V6 – and available HEMI V8 – means a more robust trailering experience.
- Durango is focused on performance – a torquey V8 powered R/T vs a twin-turbo V6.
- Muscle SUV looks and swagger – that is the power of Dodge.
There are plenty of advantages the Dodge Durango has over the Honda Pilot.
- A Dodge can be tailored to its occupants. That is why the Durango has a great feel across the lineup.
- A choice of two engines, including the HEMI V8 with a greater towing capacity of 7,200 lbs.
- When it comes to features, the Durango does not skimp on what it offers.
- Another thing to consider is value. Value is not just about price, but what the Durango offers compared to the Honda Pilot.
There are plenty of advantages the Dodge Durango has over the Kia Telluride.
- More muscle with great family space – that is how you describe the Dodge Durango inside and out
- Towing capacity from either a V6 or a HEMI V8 means an easier trailering experience.
- Feature-rich, including easier and simpler access to the third row
- Great infotainment and connectivity from the Uconnect 5 system.
There are plenty of advantages the Dodge Durango has over the Toyota Highlander.
- A larger space means a more comfortable experience. That includes third row seating and simpler access to the back.
- Technology is what drives the Durango – including the new Uconnect 5 infotainment system.
- You can feel the quality. The Durango elevates “quality” to a great family experience.
- Capability is what makes a Dodge. That is why the Durango is available with a more robust all-wheel drive system.
When it comes to value, no one beats the Dodge Durango – period!