Let’s Compare The Jeep Gladiator To Its Competition
Need a fun-loving truck that also gets the work done? Look no further than the Jeep Gladiator. There is nothing quite like it in Western Washington.
The Jeep Gladiator offers a lot more than you think. With standard four-wheel drive, it can go anywhere you point it to. Plus you get the best of Jeep’s legendary capability, along with class-leading towing capacity and a healthy payload rating to take it all with you – away from it all!
Let’s see how the Gladiator compares to the Chevrolet Colorado, Ford Ranger, Nissan Frontier, and Toyota Tacoma.
|Jeep Gladiator Overland 4X4||Nissan Frontier Pro-4X||Toyota Tacoma Limited||Ford Ranger Lariat||Chevrolet Colorado|
|Number of Configurations||9||12||33||12||18|
|Engine Type||3.6 Liter V6||3.8 Liter V6||3.5 Liter V6||2.3 Liter Turbo Inline 4||3.6 Liter V6|
|Transmission||8-Speed Automatic||9-Speed Automatic||6-Speed Automatic||10-Speed Automatic||8-Speed Automatic|
|Max Towing Capacity||4,000 lbs.||2844 lbs.||5,000 lbs.||3,500 lbs.||5,000 lbs.|
|Combined Fuel Economy||19||19||20||19||19|
|Number of Seats||5||5||5||4||4 or 5|
|Ground Clearance||10 Inches||9.1 Inches||8.9 Inches||8.9 Inches||8.1 Inches|
There are plenty of advantages the Jeep Gladiator has over the Chevrolet Colorado.
- Standard four-wheel-drive
- Greater ground clearance and angles of approach, departure, and wading depth of any pickup truck in its class
- Greater towing and payload capacity with a standard V6 engine
- Others have imitated and tried to copy the formula – there is only one Jeep
There are plenty of advantages the Jeep Gladiator has over the Ford Ranger.
- Standard V6 engine with more performance overall.
- Greater standard ground clearance and angles of approach, departure, and wading depth in comparison to the Ranger’s four-wheel drive models.
- Maximum towing rating is better with standard four-wheel drive.
- Iconic design inside and out – only in a Jeep!
There are plenty of advantages the Jeep Gladiator has over the Nissan Frontier.
- Standard four-wheel-drive with no package required!
- Greater towing capacity in four-wheel drive.
- Better off-road capability on deeper ruts and wading through water.
- Lower field of vision due to Jeep’s iconic lower fenders.
There are plenty of advantages the Jeep Gladiator has over the Toyota Tacoma.
- Standard four-wheel-drive with no upgrade necessary!
- Better headroom inside for taller occupants.
- Greater towing and payload capacity with a more powerful V6 engine
- Jeep’s heritage spans eight decades equals greater experience in handling many terrain situations.
When it comes to value, no one beats the Jeep Gladiator – period!